2.15.2005

Calling all crazies...

Yesterday was Valentines Day and all the nut jobs were out en masse. What's up with that? We had this one guy come into the store that smelled really bad and was wondering around in a manic way that was making us very uncomfortable. He kept picking stuff up off the shelves looking at it and then putting it back. He was trying to look busy and not succeeding. Then when I thought he was in line to order something he bolted to the condiment bar, picked out a stir stick, (these are wood and made for stiiring coffee)),and started chewing and then spitting the pieces out onto the floor. I approached him to find out what the hell was going on and he started muttering about not bothering anyone. Did I mention he smelled really bad? I told him he couldn't hang out and spit stuff onto my floor and he replied that he might order something. As if that was going to make a difference at this point.

Next thing I know he is jumping into a car that is parked in the pull-through/fire lane in front of the store. We all looked at each other in shock because none of us had noticed that there was a car there in the first place and my first thought was that he was stealing someone elses car. I had one of my partners check the bathrooms and we asked all the other customers if their car was parked in the pull-through lane. As he pulled away, I noticed he had Florida plates and watched as he drove 50 ft. into a space in the parking lot. Perhaps he was suffering from post traumatic stress from the 2000 elcetion debacle in Florida and now wonders around the country spitting wooden stir sticks onto the floors of coffee shops everywhere...

On the other hand, this is North Bend and pretty much everyone here suffers from some sort of craziness. At least he wasn't as bad as the guy we had one morning that was whacking off outside the window. But that's another story.

1 comment:

scotty said...

thanks for bringing up my wack session again... i told you i was sorry... geesh.