2.15.2005

Top Ten Peeves of Riding in the Winter

1) Ice cream headache in my face for the first 15 minutes of the ride.

2) The snot dripping from my nose and freezing on my upper lip. Yummy snot cicle.

3) Bike lanes that just disapear. Another brilliant concept by King County.

4) Fat-ass SUV's and their Bush supporting bumper stickers. Stupidity at it's best.

5) Knowing that it's freezing outside, the procrastinator in me is able to turn a planned 2 hour ride into a 45 min. ride.
So much for training.

6) Cold feet. I mean achingly cold feet that turn firey hot once back inside.

7) Other riders on the road that look warm. How dare they go around acting as if they are enjoying themselves?

8) Cold feet, cold ears, cold everything.

9) Cold feet.

10) Damn those cold feet.

Obviously, some of these are year-round riding peeves, but the cold weather seems to compound the iritation factor...
As usual, I formulated this list while on a ride and now that I'm home in basking in the warmth, I'm wishing that I had another 2 hours before work to go riding. Heck, I wish I had the whole day. Apparently, it wasn't that bad.

2 comments:

Lefty said...

You know I generally make that list while I am thinking about going on a ride and then I never get out. I think the thing I hate most is the cold hands and ears.

Lefty said...

Is it dead? Should we drop our link to your blog?